UPDATED: Oct. 23rd, 2015
Extended-Replay.com game reviews are, by definition, subjective evaluations of the products in question. They are not intended as a final definitive assessment of the product’s quality, but rather an expression of the opinions held by the review’s author.
Reviews are provided as an aid to the consumer in making purchasing decisions. Every attempt will be made to fully represent the Reviewer’s opinion on how well a product accomplishes its stated or implied goals, and how much “entertainment value” a product may offer the consumer.
Reviews may contain up to eight categories, each receiving a score on a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being the lowest possible score and 10 being the highest. The final score, referred to as “The Verdict”, will be the average of all category scores. You may find more information on review categories and criteria HERE.
- All reviews will be the fair and honest opinions of the Reviewer.
- All categories considered will be applicable to the product in question.
- Any direct comparisons will be to products of a similar genre or type.
- At no time will a positive review be rendered in exchange for goods, currency, etc.
Reviews published by Extended-Replay.com will make the following disclosures when applicable.
- Acquisition – If the product was supplied to Extended-Replay.com by a third party, such as the Developer or PR Firm, the source will be noted.
- Product State – If the product is in a development state, such as Alpha, Beta, Early Access, etc., it will be noted. Upon full release a separate review may be issued, but this is not guaranteed.
- Revisions – If at anytime a Reviewer feels a major revision or alteration to the original review is required (e.g. A patch or update resolved a technical issue in a timely manner), such changes will be annotated, whether such changes alter the categorical or final score or not.
- Incentives – Extended-Replay.com does not encourage, nor request any incentives in exchange for a review. In the event that anything aside from the product itself is accepted from a third party, including gifts with no quid pro quo expressly stated or implied, it will be noted. At no time will the offer or acceptance of incentives or gifts guarantee a positive review.
Subject to Change
This policy is subject to change at any time. In the event of an alteration to the policy, the revision date will be noted at the top.